Rumble Fish is an excellent book about a boy growing up in a tough neighborhood in a rough family. The boy idolizes his older brother and emulates him in any way that he can; he wants to be just like his brother. The problem is that he's not like his brother--he's an individual, but he doesn't realize it.
This book took me on a rollercoaster ride, where I would be laughing aloud one minute, and have tears on my cheeks the next minute. The end of RUMBLE FISH had such a tremendous effect on me-- it blew me away. The story stirred many emotions inside me and I know that it is forever encased in my heart and I will remember it always.
I've read several books by S.E. Hinton and she is, by far, the best author I have ever read. On my third read of her book, THE OUTSIDERS, I still had tears twinkling in the corners of my eyes.
RUMBLE FISH should be a must-read for young adults, especially those that are searching for themselves right now, or those that have become followers, and are not their own person. This book teaches a valuable lesson; you have to search a little to find it, but it's there
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment